Good credit takes effort.
There are things you can do to improve it – we can help.
What can KNHS do for me?
Begin investing in your homeownership goal today. Take our Financial Capability Series to strengthen & build your credit. Learn money management, how to improve credit ratios and savings, banking basics, and debt reduction strategies. We specialize in working with clients who have a low to moderate income—who have faced credit challenges, and who know that building credit is a process that will take time and effort.
What is the cost?
KNHS’s services are low to no cost.
What is the time frame?
FSS & KTO participants will need to complete the Financial Capabilities Intake available on our Downloads page to enroll in the earliest class and to begin one-on-one counseling. Other interested participants must first take Homebuyer Education. A personalized counseling appointment will be scheduled within 2 weeks of completing Homebuyer Education. The right path to the home you’re dreaming of starts with education and planning!
What will I need to provide?
- You can contact KNHS by phone at 269-385-2916 or email email@example.com – we can tell you which documents you need to bring.
- A commitment to provide financial information
- A commitment to work every week on personal finances (either independently or with KNHS)
- A commitment to paying down debts or collections
- A commitment to work on a savings plan
- A desire to attain financial goals
What will KNHS provide?
- Trained counselors and educators who devote their time and energy to helping you work on your financial goals
- Clients receive a secure online account to manage their progress, a checklist of financial items that are still required by KNHS, and the ability to register for upcoming classes online.
- A commitment to work with you at regularly scheduled appointments
- A financial action plan that you help design
- A credit report and assistance with understanding it